Electronic Arts made the daring move to the EA app launcher a few years ago, and that transition has not been exactly smooth on PC. Many users have struggled to get used to this new app, and it seems like EA still has a lot of work to do if they want to create a seamless experience for players. If you’re one of the gamers struggling to get to grips with the EA App launcher, this guide is here to make that experience better.
In this guide, we will cover the steps required to get rid of error code INST-14-1601 and INST-14-1612 when installing the EA app on your Windows 10 or 11 computer.
Understanding EA App Error Codes on Windows PC
For the error code INST-14-1601, it is generated when the EA App detects that the Windows Installer Service is missing, or is failing to work. Getting around this issue does not take a lot of effort, but you’ll need to follow our instructions carefully.
This error message might appear on your screen:
“Something went wrong… The EA app encountered an error and couldn’t finish installing (error code: INST-14-1601)”
Meanwhile, error code INST-14-1612 will pop up when the EA app is unable to detect an installation source. It comes with similar error message as the other error mentioned above: “Something went wrong… The EA app encountered an error and couldn’t finish installing (error code: INST-14-1612)”
Troubleshooting and Fixing EA App Error Code INST-14-1601 on your Computer
Start The Windows Installer Service
- Click on the Start button in your taskbar
- Type in CMD
- Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator
- Type the following “net start MSIServer” and press Enter
- Restart the installation process for the program that you want to install with the EA App
Uninstall The Game
Uninstalling any earlier versions of the game you want to update can help with restoring the Windows Installer service.
- Click on Start
- Select the Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a Program under the Programs section
- Click Uninstall and follow the instructions as prompted
- Restart your computer
- Restart the installation process on the EA App
How to Fix EA Games App Error Code INST-14-1612 on PC
For users that get error code 1612, the best thing you can do is follow some common troubleshooting steps.
Re-Install EA App
- Restart your PC
- Go over to the EA App and uninstall it
- Download a new copy of the EA App installer from this link.
- Ensure that your network connection is stable
- Run the new installer
- Once installed, attempt to run the game you selected
Repair Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributable 2013
You can repair the Visuals C++ Redistributable 2013 on your computer to solve the issue successfully.
- Open your Settings app in Windows by right-clicking on the Windows search bar
- Go to Apps
- Search for Microsoft Visuals C++ 2013
- Choose the Modify option
- Confirm the pop-up message that appears
- Select the Repair option
Install .NET on your computer
The .NET Software is an important part of the installation process for most video games. You can do this by following this link and completing the process. Once its installed, open the EA App and see if the issue persists like before.