Electronic Arts (EA) is one of the industry’s most prominent video game developers and publishers, known for titles like FIFA, Battlefield, and The Sims. However, EA Games’ products can sometimes encounter errors like any software. Two common error codes that players may encounter hen trying to install EA app on their Windows PC are INST-14-1603 and INST-14-1460.
These glitches can be annoying, but there are several steps you can take to resolve them on your computer. This article will guide you through fixing EA games error code INST-14-1603 or INST-14-1460.
Understanding EA App Installation Error Codes INST-14-1603 and INST-14-1460 on Windows PC
Before diving into the solutions, it’s essential to understand what these error codes mean. Both INST-14-1603 and INST-14-1460 are installation error codes that indicate an issue with the installation process of an EA game. The precise cause may vary, but they often occur due to corrupted game files, outdated software or drivers, or conflicts with antivirus or firewall settings.
This error code might appear on your PC screen when the issue occurs:
“Something went wrong… The EA app encountered an error and couldn’t finish installing (error code: INST-14-1460)”
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Error Code INST-14-1603 or INST-14-1460 when Installing EA Games App on PC
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor issues. Close any running programs and restart your computer. After the reboot, try launching the EA game again and see if the bug persists. If the error code still appears, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Your Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can often cause compatibility issues with games. Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer, such as AMD or NVIDIA and download the latest drivers for your specific model. Install the updated drivers, restart your computer, and launch the game again.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Antivirus or firewall settings may interfere with the installation process of EA Games. Temporarily turn off your antivirus and firewall before installing or launching the game. Ensure that you have an active internet connection during this process. If the error code disappears, add the game to the exclusion or trusted list of your antivirus and firewall software. Remember to re-enable your antivirus and firewall afterward.
Solution 4: Repair Game Files
Corrupted game files can lead to installation errors. Most EA Games have a built-in repair tool that can fix these issues. Follow these steps:
- Open the EA game client, such as Origin.
- Navigate to your game library and locate the problematic game.
- Right-click on the game and select “Repair” or a similar option.
- The repair tool will verify your game files and fix any issues it encounters.
- Once the repair process is complete, try launching the game again.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Game
You may need to reinstall the game if the previous solutions did not resolve the error. Follow these steps:
- Uninstall the game from your computer. That can usually be done through the game client or the Control Panel on Windows.
- After uninstalling, restart your computer to ensure any residual files are cleared.
- Download the latest version of the game from the official EA Games website or the game client.
- Install the game again, following the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Once the installation is complete, try launching the game and check if the error persists.
Encountering errors like INST-14-1603 or INST-14-1460 can be frustrating. Still, with the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, you should be able to resolve these issues and get back to enjoying your favorite EA Games.