LG smart TVs top the ranks when streaming TV shows or movies. The renowned TV brand with its generous and nifty features continues to be popular among households all over the world.
But many LG smart TV users have reported that they encounter the error message “Unable to Load Server Certificate that has Expired” or error code -201.
Best Ways to Troubleshoot and Resolve LG Smart TV Error Code 201 Unable to Load Server Certificate has Expired
If you’re seeing this problem on your LG smart TV device, there are several steps you can take to try fixing the ‘Unable to load server certificate that has expired’ 201 issue.
Check Your Internet Connection
The internet may stop working on your LG smart TV, resulting in error code -201. To eliminate the problem, ensure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.
- To determine your internet speed, you can test it from the web browser.
- You can also test it from your TV network settings.
- Switch to a different network if your TV has a poor internet connection.
- You can switch to your mobile hotspot to confirm if the problem is a result of an internet issue.
Clear Cache Data on your LG TV
The issue Unable to Load Server Certificate has Expired or error code -201 might also be the result of a cache problem. You can try to turn off your LG smart TV or close all running apps.
To clear the cache, turn off and on your LG smart TV. Doing this will delete all app cache and close all the recent apps. But if you don’t like to reboot your TV, you can simply clear its cache.
- Go to the close or X icon found on the upper right portion of the screen to close the app.
- Highlight the recent apps from the tab and press the close or X button.
- This will clear all the apps from the recent menu.
- Open the app again after you’re done and check if the error is gone.
Set Up the Time and Date on Your LG Smart TV as the Current
Setting up the correct date and time on your LG smart TV is one of the most important things you can do to ensure that your unit displays the accurate current time and date. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Get the remote of your LG smart TV.
- Press on the Home button.
- Go to the Setup menu.
- Choose the Clock or Time and Date option depending on your TV mode.
- Select Auto on the setup option.
This will automatically change the time and date settings of your TV. But make sure you also have the correct timezone to ensure that your TV displays the right time and date for your location.
The Unable to Load Server Certificate has Expired or Error Code -201 on LG smart TVs has been one of the common issues among many users. But the good news is that there are several things you can do to fix the problem and get rid of the error code.
Follow the tips above and say goodbye to the problem so you can continue with your TV viewing experience without any hassle.