Google Play Store is a one-stop shop for everything that you need for your Android device, from apps to books, games, and so much more. However, despite being such a nifty app, some users cannot help but air their concerns about Google Play Store.
In particular, some of them are complaining about how they encounter error codes OR-DVASA2-04 and OR-DVASA2-02 when making payments or adding new payment methods to your account. The next time you see any of these errors, here are the things you can do to fix the issue.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Google Play Store Payment Error Code OR-DVASA2-04 and OR-DVASA2-02
When you encounter one of these problems, you might see these error messages:
“Sorry this payment option is not applicable on your mobile account as of now. You can still make this purchase by selecting any of the other payment options available. [OR-DVASA2-02]”
“Couldn’t add mobile phone billing. To continue, use another payment method. Learn more about problems adding payment methods. [OR-DVASA2-04]”
Remove and Re-add Direct Carrier Billing for Payments
If you’re seeing the payment error codes DVASA2-04 and OR-DVASA2-02 on your Android phone, the first thing you have to do is check if you can use a different payment service to buy Google Play Store content.
If this is the case and you’re allowed to make purchases with other methods of payment but not with direct carrier billing or DCB, you might want to remove DCB first and add it again as your mode of payment.
To remove DCB, start by signing in to your account on payments.google.com. Select the option in the bar labeled Payment Methods. Click Remove in the field for the phone number.
Once you’ve removed DCB, it’s now time to add it back again to your Google payments profile as the method of payment. Here are the steps for re-adding DCB:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Choose the digital content item or app.
- Click the price and the Down arrow button.
- Select Payment options.
- Choose Enable carrier billing.
- Review the details about your account and click Save.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- Terminate the purchase regularly to finish re-adding direct carrier billing.
Once you’ve completed all these steps, your payment service must already be working fine, with the error codes completely gone.
Clear Cache and Data
Sometimes, it’s the simplest and most traditional solutions that can fix most error codes, including DVASA2-04 and OR-DVASA2-02. The method of clearing cache and data most often works in solving most issues in Google Play Store.
Follow these steps to clear the cache and data of the Google Play Store:
- Force stop Google Play Store first. Clear data by going to Settings. Look for Apps, and then Google Play Store. Select Force Stop and choose Clear Data.
- To clear the cache for your Google Play Services, proceed to the Settings menu. Click Apps, select Google Play Services, choose Clear Cache, and then tap OK.
- To clear data for your Google Play Services, navigate to Settings, choose Apps, click Google Play Services, select Clear Data, and tap OK.
Remove and Re-Add Google Account
Another possible workaround for error codes OR-DVASA2-04 and OR-DVASA2-02 is to remove your Google account and add it back again.
To remove your Google account, open the Settings menu on your device and click Google under the Accounts item. Choose the account you like to remove and select Remove Account.
To re-add your Google account, go to the Settings menu on your device. Select the Accounts option and click Add Account. Choose Google and follow through with the instructions for adding your account.
You can try to eliminate Google Play Store error codes OR-DVASA2-04 and OR-DVASA2-02 by following the simple tips above.