Venmo has become an increasingly popular platform for seamless payment digital transactions, but it’s not without its occasional hiccups. One such issue that users have encountered is the dreaded “Invalid Phone Number” error message. If you’ve found yourself frustrated by this roadblock, fear not, our comprehensive guide is here to help you navigate through the troubleshooting process step-by-step.
Discover effective solutions to resolve the Invalid Phone Number error on Venmo, ensuring smooth and uninterrupted payment experiences for all your purchases and transactions. Say goodbye to the frustration and hello to hassle-free Venmo usage in no time.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Venmo Won’t Accept or Verify your Account with Error Message ‘Invalid Phone Number’
Access Account from a Computer
If you no longer have access to the mobile phone number or email address associated with your Venmo account, you can try signing in from a computer you’ve used before to access Venmo. By doing this, you might be able to bypass the security code challenge. Once you successfully log in, you can update your account information with your new phone number or email address.
Retrieve Access to Your Account
If you are unable to log in from an old device, follow these steps to regain access to your Venmo account:
- On the login screen, enter your username, email address, or old phone number, along with your password
- You should see a screen offering to send a six-digit security code to your old phone number or email address
- If you have no access to the old phone number or email address, tap on Other options to verify your identity through alternate means or select I don’t have access to this phone for other options
- If the above options are not visible, reach out to Venmo Support to verify your identity. Make sure to provide the following information: Your full name, Email address and the old phone number associated with your Venmo account
- If relevant to your account, provide the full routing number and last 4 digits of your bank account number. Alternatively, if you’re using a card, provide the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the card number. However, for security reasons, avoid sharing the full card number or bank account number
- After successfully logging into your account, update your phone number to avoid future access issues
Note: If your phone was lost or stolen, it is essential to take additional measures to secure your Venmo account.
Enable Messaging Short Codes
Make sure your phone provider allows messaging from short codes. To enable this, check your phone settings or contact your phone provider’s customer support for assistance.
Enable Text Messages From Venmo
To ensure you can receive text messages from Venmo, follow these steps:
Text the word START to the number 86753. This will allow text messages from Venmo to be delivered to your phone.
If your number is linked to another account, do the following:
- Contact the Venmo Support team through their provided channels
- Explain the situation and inform them that your phone number is associated with an account you didn’t create
- The Support team will guide you through the process and may request proof of ownership of your phone number, such as a phone bill, to verify your claim
- By cooperating with the Support team and providing the necessary information, they will work to resolve the issue and assist you accordingly