Have you noticed Face ID failing to recognize you when trying to access your Bank of America app recently? This frustrating glitch prevents you from conveniently opening the mobile banking app on your iOS device to manage your accounts and make payments.
Not to worry – in most cases, Face ID troubles on the Bank of America mobile app on iPhones can be easily resolved with a few troubleshooting steps. This post walks through several things you can try to get Face ID on iOS device working properly again so you can access Mobile Banking with just a glance.
Troubleshooting & Fixing iOS Face ID Not Working, Temporarily Unavailable or Down Issue on Bank of America App
Verify Face ID is Enabled for the App
Before investigating any further, double check that Face ID security feature is actually activated or enabled for use with the Bank of America app on your iPhone settings:
- Open the Settings menu and tap on Face ID & Passcode
- Scroll down and check that the toggle for Bank of America is switched on
- If Face ID shows as off for the app, tap the toggle to turn it on and enable it
Sometimes Face ID gets accidentally disabled for certain apps during iOS updates or device restores. Doing a quick settings check can instantly get it working again if it was just mistakenly turned off.
Try Restarting Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is an easy first step that can clear out any temporary glitches interfering with Face ID:
- Go to Settings > General > Shut Down
- After the iPhone is fully powered off, wait at least 30 seconds before turning it back on
- Once restarted, open the Bank of America app and try Face ID again
Restarting your device essentially refreshes the entire iPhone, clearing any memory issues or small errors that may be causing Face ID hiccups.
Update to the Latest iOS Version
Outdated iOS versions are more prone to having Face ID bugs and issues. Be sure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS release:
- Open Settings > General > Software Update
- Install any iOS updates that are available for download
- Staying current with the latest iOS ensures you have all the newest Face ID fixes and optimizations
After updating iOS, hopefully Bank of America Face ID works flawlessly once again. Keep installing new updates whenever they become available.
Check for Any Face Obstructions
Something physically blocking the TrueDepth camera system can prevent Face ID from properly recognizing your face:
- Remove any hats, scarves, face masks, or large glasses you may be wearing
- Ensure no phone case is covering up or obstructing the front notch area
- Use a microfiber cloth to gently clean the iPhone’s front-facing camera lens if it’s dirty or smudged
With any obstructions moved out of the way, Face ID will have a clear and unobstructed view of your face for reliable unlocking.
Contact Bank of America Customer Support
If Face ID remains unreliable even after trying all of the above troubleshooting, reach out to Bank of America customer support for additional help:
- Their tech support team can check if any known Face ID issues or bugs are affecting the BofA mobile app
- Support can verify your app version is up-to-date and compatible with the latest iOS release
- They may suggest fully deleting and reinstalling the Bank of America mobile app
- If needed, support can provide temporary alternate login options while the Face ID troubleshooting continues
With dedicated assistance from Bank of America’s helpful support staff, Face ID should be smoothly unlocking your app in no time. Don’t hesitate to contact them if you hit a wall troubleshooting on your own!