As an avid Roblox player, cryptic numbers like 403, 103 or 106 can leave you scratching your head wondering what went wrong.
Not to worry – in this guide I’ll break down what these common Roblox errors mean on an Xbox console or Windows PC and walk you through the troubleshooting steps to get them fixed, so you can get back to gaming.
Understanding Error Code 403 on Roblox and How to Fix It on Xbox or Windows PC
Error 403 generally pops up when there is some sort of server connectivity issue between the Roblox client and servers. It comes with the error message “Error Code: 403 Authentication Failed – An error was encountered during authentication. Please try again.”
When you see this error on your device screen, there are a few things you can try to resolve it:
- Scan for malware – Sometimes a virus or malware infection can cause communication issues. Run a full system scan with Windows Defender or your preferred anti-virus software to check for anything malicious. Remove anything it flags.
- Clear your Roblox cache – Over time, corrupted cached files can mess with server communication. Press Windows+R to open the Run command, enter %localappdata%, delete all the files shown, and restart Roblox.
- Restart your network equipment – Issues on your local network like routers and modems going funky can also manifest as error 403. Reboot your router and modem and test Roblox again.
- Reinstall Roblox – If all else fails, completely uninstall Roblox, reboot your system, then reinstall a fresh copy of the Roblox desktop application.
With a little diligence, error 403 can typically be resolved through one of these troubleshooting angles. Just don’t lose hope!
How to Troubleshoot and Fix Roblox Age Restriction Issue with Error Code 103
The infamous Roblox error 103 indicates there is an issue with the age restriction or account type settings on your profile. Specifically, error 103 pops up when:
- Your account is designated as “Under 13” but you try to access experiences or features limited to users “Over 13”.
- Your account is marked “Over 13” but you try to access experiences limited to younger users.
The glitch comes with the error message “Unable to Join – The Roblox experience you are trying to join is currently not available. Error Code: 103.”
To fix error 103 on Roblox, just double check your account’s age setting under Settings > Account Info and adjust it if needed. For full access, set your age to 18 or older. Then the error should vanish.
Troubleshooting and Fixing Error Code 106 on Roblox Game
Roblox error 106 tends to appear when you are trying to join a specific game and it fails to connect. The connectivity bug is coupled with the error message “Error Code : -106 Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.”
There are two main reasons this can happen:
- You aren’t friends – Some games require you to be friends with the owner or creator in order to join. When you get error 106, check that you have them on your Roblox friends list and have accepted their friend request.
- Server is full – The game you are trying to join is at max server capacity, so there’s no room for you to connect. Try again later when fewer people are online or look for a different server with open slots.
As long as you resolve the underlying friendship or server capacity issue, error 106 on your Roblox client should go away and let you access the desired game.
I hope this breakdown clarify what these common Roblox error codes mean and gives you a game plan to squash them! Let me know in the comments if you have any other tips for fixing errors 403, 103 or 106. Game on!